Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Red Maple Title; Night Runner


I just finished reading Night Runner by Max Turner. For those who are into Vampire books, this is definitely one. I don't know much about them, except Dracula the 1897 novel by Bram Stoker, so I can't compare to any others. I find it well written and descriptive. Lots of blood.
It is set in this local area. Turner uses Peterborough and Stoney Lake and places I've actually been to, so that is fun.
One of the best lines comes in the second last chapter; the main character, Zack, has just woken up in the hospital after being killed (he thinks) by the dreaded Baron Vrolok. He says;
"Am I in Heaven?"
"Close," said Charlie. "You're in Peterborough."
Great line.
I wish good luck to Max Turner in his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment