Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Last Post?

This is a test piece...

Somehow my gmail identification and my email address for this post and my son's new gmail account have gotten mixed up.

This affects my blog, here & now, ici et maintenant,  hier en nou,  because I now have to use his gmail account to log in, plus my password (don't ask) and after spending hours on the help lines & scanning online forums about this sort of thing, nobody seems to know why:
a) a blogspot address previously created on a non-gmail account will acquire the nearest gmail account assigned to it and accept it, not letting you change anything except the password...
b) it is impossible to remove said login gmail without deleting the entire blog's four years of entries...
c) why Google, Blogger, Gmail or anyone else associated with it does not have a human help-line manned by a living breathing smart person who can solve my problem with some sage advice...
d) I can't remove a Gmail account will permanently delete pages files & messages associated with it  
e) how, the on-line forums have never had to deal with this type of thing before...

Does anyone out there know about gmail accounts and how to remove / change / delete them w/o damaging files they are associated with?



My best guess is that there are some kittens inside my iMac, (where only the smallest of fetal kittens could fit) bopping around in there...messing things up...

In weeks to come I will copy all my blogs onto a memory stick and save them somewhere safe in case the nasty mix-up causes all my posts to go south.  Of course if I re-created the blog, and re-post them, they will, I assume, be dated on the day I post them and will not be dated back into the time they were first created, which will make it seem strange... but then again, beyond backing them up, I will likely do NOTHING WHATSOEVER to delete this blog.

My computer is a tool for me.  It isn't a game machine, time-saver, or an email creator, but I actually use it daily to write on, and I usually don't miss any days. My brother helpfully told me over the years all the many things I could do to upgrade, speed up, add, tweak, and boost, but I always shied away from that because I really can't have days where it doesn't work... Obsessive? Manic? Depressive? Paranoid? - yes I happily admit to all those things...


So does it all matter?
Nope.

On a happy note, we are all well, and this, beyond an annoying hassle, will likely not affect me or my blog much in the long run. Son Adrian is making a beautiful and ornate brick wall for our living room, with sweeping arches and stone ledges. We are enjoying getting to know him after many months of travel through the world.  Son Dan is now a card-carrying member of a socially conscious and helpful fraternity on the U. of O. campus, and will graduate in two months.


No comments:

Post a Comment